I love, in no particular order...
- The way towels smell and feel when I'm taking them from the dryer - especially if I get to them just as the cycle finishes. They are warm and full and smell so clean. It reminds me of being a girl and being wrapped in a warm towel by my grandmother after a bath.
- Stepping into a warm shower and standing there while the water wets my hair, with no regard for how long that takes.
- Playing my music really loudly while I do chores around the house. Dancing, prancing, singing with no regard for anything but how good it feels to be moving and expressing myself without a trace of self-consciousness.
- Hugging my sons - all 6 feet plus of them. They are the only people in the world who wrap their arms around me and hold me, and let me do the same. And they don't let go until I'm ready.
- Warm chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven, with a nice tall glass of cold milk.
- Crawling into bed after the linens have been changed and the bed is nice and fresh. I so enjoy pulling on the sheet until it is loose along the side (so I can stick my foot out) and moving all the pillows until they are just right. I never sleep as well as I do that very first night of remaking the bed.

7 comments:
from my limted experience, you need your hair extra wet, to stop you from setting it on fire with a hair straightener later.
Allegedly
Oh and Toasted Irish Breakfast Sandwiches, you don't like them any more eh, or any less....
Toasted Irish Breakfast Sandwiches
A hot cup of tea, made just so
Driving in the parking lot trying to avoid American tourists
Heineken on tap
Laughing until my sides ache
And a million other things. If I start on the list now I may get halfway finished before my demise.
...visiting ireland will do that to a person.....
And let us not forget, you nearly drove my car over a squirrel....
Loving tea, almost qualifies you for citizenship, I'll get your room ready....
That squirrel was stalking me, mocking me for my non-accent speech and daring me to attempt to drive on a real road. I am certain he was on his way to Eddie Izzard's squirrel hole to put on some makeup - he really looked like he was craving a grapefruit. And you called me a menace!!
Non Accent?
Excuse me?
As for the squirrel, it was worried whether it had left the gas on....
It did however, long for a grapefruit
I don't have an accent, I'm from Kansas, ffs.
You, YOU are the one with the accent.
Another thing to add to the list...sigh.
I got that accent from a mail order company in Wichita....
Post a Comment