Saturday, April 12, 2008

Time To Let It Go Already


It's been a year now, but people just can't move one. Here's the deal: One year ago, I was overly involved with Yahoo 360, putting up silly posts, doing stupid tests, giving far too much time and energy to people who didn't deserve it. The love of my life and I hit a rough patch (not rough like dry elbows, rough like walking on broken glass - thanks Annie Lennox for the analogy). We made the decision to do our very best to salvage our relationship and try to move forward - and it's worked. We are closer and stronger than ever before.
The problem began when one of my "friends" decided she could not forgive me for forgiving him. She became way too upset about what had been done to me - almost as if she had been the one hurt. Another "friend", who was more centrally involved, turned to me for comfort for what she had done to betray me. Color me stupid, I actually tried to help this girl. And I listened and cried and consoled for as long as I possibly could.
Well, one year later, and the whinger is still playing the "poor me" game, and the angry hag is still mocking me. When will it end? I've gotten over it, why can't they? Is it so awful to see two people make the most of what they've been lucky enough to find in another and do anything to stay together? Or is it pure jealousy? I can't decide, and I don't even think about it anymore, but last night realized it's been about a year and it just got me to wondering what in the world is wrong with people. I'm thinking they both need some time on the couch and heavy medication.
Regardless, life is good.

No comments: