
Above is a picture of my sons after they helped their high school baseball team win the 3A State Baseball Title. Dylan (blond, on the left) wants me to point out that he is the younger brother - by three years (I guess his point is that he is taller - leave it to the baby to rub that in).
Being the cynical cunt I am, I'm not a person who experiences a significant amount of joy...but watching them play together and achieve this lofty goal made my heart seize up and tears well in my eyes. One thing I truly wished for them has come to pass - I always hoped they would have a moment like this to talk about as they grow older and go their separate ways. There will come a day when I'm not around to encourage them to love one another despite their differences, and I love the idea of Justin and Dylan sitting around talking about this night and how they got me in a bear hug and squeezed until I squealed for mercy. They thought it was so funny to get me stinky and sweaty, and then invited all their friends to do the same (that's my excuse for my dishevelled appearance).
It was a tough tournament, they were ranked 7th out of 8 teams, and they had to beat the 3rd, 2nd and 1st ranked teams to win the title. I'm so very proud of them!

2 comments:
Congratulations to the boys...
Mommy didn't cry, tell me Mommy didn't cry....
Don't be silly...
...of course I cried, but I did turn off the faucet before I went on the field to congratulate them.
Post a Comment