Sunday, December 7, 2008

P.S. I Love You



If a man has ever:
  • Danced in his boxer shorts for you
  • Let you be mental every now and again
  • Sang to you for Christmas
  • Gone above and beyond in order to surprise you
  • Planned a trip for you
  • Kissed you perfectly, even the first time
  • Said "I love you"
...you may find yourself pausing the film regularly, simply to allow you time to catch your breath and prepare for the next scene.

If that man was Irish, you may be forced to watch this movie over and over simply to relive those moments as they happened to you.

I make a point to never, ever watch a movie that I know will reduce me to tears. And then I watched "P.S. I Love You". I can't stop. I don't even like Hillary Swank, and her character is a bit of a spoiled brat - and yet I watch again and again. Gerard Butler isn't even Irish - he's Scottish - but I find ways to overlook that. I can't even decide if the premise is plausible. The fact is, it doesn't matter. Someone crawled inside my head and took little bits and pieces of my past and wove a movie around it, and in the meantime, reduced me to junkie status.

No comments: