Friday, October 10, 2008

NOW I Can Call Him Marine


On the left is my son Justin after graduation at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California - alongside is one of his closest friends, J Barwick, whom he got to know in basic training.

I'm so proud of them both - as part of the largest graduating class in over 20 years - they, along with 665 other graduates have survived 13 weeks of some of the toughest training they will ever endure. The 2-day celebration was really amazing - it's hard to imagine what they have accomplished while away from their family and friends, but the people at MCRD make sure you walk away in awe of these new Marines. I'm still shaking my head in wonder at them all.


Lauren, Justin and Dylan


Dylan and I before graduation, and before the tears started

2 comments:

Rob said...

Marine Mom!


Woo

and

indeed

Hoo

PrincessPanic said...

Gay

Which, like laughter and smallpox, is contagious

Allegedly